Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Watertribe Everglades Challenge




The Watertribe Everglades Challenge starts Saturday, March 3 @ 0700.


This year there will be 8 AI/TI boats in the three races, UM, EC and UF. Pelican will be doing the Ultimate Florida Race in a AI. The UF is a race around the entire state of Florida that lasts ~ a month and includes pulling the boat ~40miles down a road.


You can follow all the Challengers on the Watertribe Mapper:
http://www.watertribe.com/Events/ChallengeMapper.aspx


The mapper can be slow to load with lot of a traffic during the race. My personal SPOT page is:
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=05oPen9XT2MHPvVYQaF9sfFv0AshAsq81 


Do not expect me to be the front runner. After putting my self into a Hospital last year I have set my sites much lower. I am aiming to finish and enjoy the ride.


I will post some pictures during the race to this BLOGGER site as long as I have cell phone coverage.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! I drove down to watch the start of the Challenge and saw your boat. I have a Hobie A.I. but not up to this race! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete